Tuesday, August 30, 2011

March 32nd, a new Internet series, shoots at PAX Prime 2011


While I was at PAX Prime 2011 in Seattle, I discovered a game developer known as Chromed. Most booths at gaming conventions are places where the company allows gamers to play, but this booth was a giant greenscreen cube.

The reason why is because they were using the attendees at PAX to be extras in their game, March 32nd. The game is planned to be a combination of a contemporary noir story in 12 episodes, and it is completely interactive.

Apparently, every character in March 32nd is nothing more than silhouettes of different colors. Their booth was set up so that it could record attendee’s silhouettes, and they will eventually appear as extras within the game before its release next Spring.

It really looked interesting, and I decided to try it out for myself. You know that scene in TV/movies where a guy casually leaves a suitcase behind so someone else can pick it up? I played the guy that dropped off the suitcase. Look for it in the game, as that is my silhouette. I had to sign off on it so my likeness could be used.

I’m not certain how effective a game will be with nothing but silhouettes, but I am told that the game is told from the point-of-view of an amnesiac who sees his dystopian world in a crazy way. I can’t wait to see how it turns out, and I’ll be looking for me in it.

Source:http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20110829/march-32nd-internet-series-shoots-pax-prime-2011/

No comments: