Sunday, August 14, 2011

Vuzix Wrap 1200 3D Video Eyewear

I always like reporting on what Vuzix has to offer its consumers, even though I am not certain whether or not the mainstream market will ever accept video eyewear.

Their new model of video goggles is the Wrap 1200, and it boasts a 16:9 widescreen display that is the equivalent of a 75-inch screen viewed from 10 feet. There are convenient on-screen display controls like brightness, contrast, hue, and color saturation.

It is compatible with all sorts of devices like game consoles, media players, phones, tablets, and DVD players. As far as power is concerned, two batteries are good for about 3 hours worth of video playback.

It can apparently do both 2D and 3D content, but I’m not certain how the 3D content is planned to work on this. I never was able to get it to work on previous versions of the goggles. Until I can just put on my glasses and be immersed in a 3D world, I’m not certain whether I can testify to the power of Vuzix 3D.

The Vuzix Wrap 1200 is available at the company’s official site for about $499.99. Yeah, that is a lot for a peripheral, and I’m not certain if video eyewear will ever be made for a cheaper price.

Source:http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20110812/vuzix-wrap-1200-3d-video-eyewear/

No comments: